Sunday, June 22, 2014

Feel Like You are Going in Circles?

Today while in line at McDonald's (don't judge me you people who eat healthy! I was getting soft ice cream for the tonsillectomy victim/patient!) Colby pointed out a bird to me that was circling in the sky high above. Circle after circle endlessly. Other birds were swooping (I think that's a word?) around in various directions and landing, but this one bird kept going around and around.

I too, have felt like that bird must feel. Like I'm in an endless, unproductive cycle. I have sensed the past few days the Lord speaking to me, reminding me of a grudge that needs forgiveness, (probably something that was a misunderstanding, but I held onto it regardless) reminding me that I cannot live in the past and continue moving ahead - no matter how good some of the old days were, nor can I continue to relive the bad days.

We can all get caught up in our own types of circling - the way we spend our time, the way we spend our money,  the way we relate to others, our attitudes, or habits.

If I am going to be an effective mother, social studies teacher, Bible teacher, and follower of Christ, then it's time to stop circling. Psalm 23:3 says, "He renews my life, He leads me along the right paths for His name sake." Somewhere I forgot to follow the right path and started circling aimlessly without intentional focus. I planned for this to be an intentional year, but somewhere in the craziness of life I got lost circling not doing anything terribly wrong, but yet I have been wasting time and resources, missing needs and opportunities to share the Hope I carry.

But it's time to stop. It's safe to land and follow The Path. Anyone else need to come in for a landing with me?

3 comments:

  1. I understood and could relate to this completely. I catch myself circling with how I spend my money and I try to pay attention to impulse spending or retail therapy. Thanks for the reminder and nice blog, Pam. Tim Gentry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Tim. I'm being INTENTIONAL today - no more circling! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete